Recipe of the Week: Corned Beef Sandwich with Swiss on Rye
FOR THE RUSSIAN DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE SANDWICHES:
- 4 slices of rye bread
- Russian dressing
- 8 to 10 thin slices of corned beef
- 8 to 10 pickle slices
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- In a bowl combine the mayo, onions, ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and salt. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Butter two sides of the rye and slather a few spoonfuls of the Russian dressing on the inside of one slice. Next, layer the corned beef, pickles, black pepper, Swiss cheese and remaining slice of buttered rye.
- Place the sandwich onto hot grill pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until grill marks appear and the cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and devour.